Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Looking to recruit a media reviewer!

So, lds.org has a great Youth site: https://www.lds.org/youth?lang=eng with all sorts of fantastic media and other resources. I am wondering if there is someone out there that would like to keep up on the new videos they put on there, and other resources, and then write short summaries here at Beginnings New. That way the rest of us can have an idea of what's there, so we know what we can use in lessons, firesides, standards nights, etc. I know there are new videos put up there at least monthly (and of course a whole bunch in the archives!) so I suppose what I'm looking for is someone who can commit to writing a little 3-4 sentence review every 2-3 weeks. Anyone game? 

8 comments:

  1. I am mysteriously drawn to this for some reason. I wouldn't consider myself a writer, I don't even have a blog, but I think I could do this and it sounds fun. Can someone email me with more information about this: baynrecky (at) gmail (dot) com
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested too. I am not in YW anymore, but am now an early-morning seminary teacher and tend to follow up with the videos just to see what would appeal to and strengthen my students. Thanks! sharronnie (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great response! dieMutti since you already keep up with the videos I'm going to ask if you'll take up the main job. And, Becky T and robin marie, I always wish we had more comments to our posts, so I'm going to ask you a favor to respond to whatever videos dieMutti puts up, so that we can have more discussion than usual. What do you all think? Sound good to everyone?

    (And, if this job turns out to be too much for dieMutti, as things sometimes go as we commit ourselves to new projects, then I'll come back to you two to see if you're still interested. Sound good?)

    Thanks again! I'm really looking forward to having this be a regular element to the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds great. after 5+ years in YW i really miss it so i'm happy to stay connected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That works for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a great idea. I show a Mormon Messages or Youth video at the beginning of each of my lessons. I have found that the videos quiet and focus the girls, set the mood for the rest of the lesson, and bring the spirit into the room immediately. I especially love the ones that illustrate or expand on recent talks from General Conference. Plus the girls love "Movie Time!"

    ReplyDelete

If you wish to comment anonymously, please comment with a made-up name.